The following is a selected sampling of the U.S.-Asia Law Institute’s publication for the year of 2015.
Professor Jerome A. Cohen
- His most recent publications, op-eds and blogs can be found on his website.
Professor Ira Belkin & Jerome A. Cohen
- "Will China Close Its Doors?" New York Times, June 1, 2015.
Professor Frank Upham:
- “China’s Changing Property Law Landscape,” Research Handbook on Comparative Property Law, Edward Elgar Publishing, Winter 2015.
- “The Evolution of Relational Property Rights: A Case of Chinese Rural Land Reform,” Iowa Law Review, May 2015.
- “The Paradoxical Roles of Property Rights in Growth and Development,” Law and Development Review, Winter 2015.
- “Lessons from Chinese Growth: Re-Thinking the Role of Property Rights in Development,” The Beijing Consensus? How China has Changed Western Ideas of Law and Economic Development, Cambridge University Press.
For a complete listing of Professor Upham’s publications, please visit here.
- “Human Rights in China–Taiwan Relations: How Taiwan Can Engage China” , Hong Kong Law Journal 565, 2015.
- “The Fall and Rise of Law and Social Science in China,” Annual Review of Law and Social Science 11: 373-394, 2015. (Sida Liu and Zhizhou Wang)
- “Advocates, Experts, and Suspects: Three Images of Lawyers in Chinese Media Reports,” International Journal of the Legal Profession 21(2): 195-212, 2015. (Cheng-Tong Lir Wang, Sida Liu, and Terence C. Halliday)
- “Law’s Social Forms: A Powerless Approach to the Sociology of Law,” Law & Social Inquiry 40(1): 1-28, 2015.
- “Boundary Work and Exchange: The Formation of a Professional Service Market,” Symbolic Interaction 38(1): 1-21, 2015.
- "Lack of due process mars China's war on drugs", East Asia Forum, July 2015.
Alvin Y. H. Cheung
- “Intra-Executive Policy Laundering: A New Look at an Old Problem,” 41 N.C. J. INT'L L. (forthcoming).
- “Road to Nowhere: Hong Kong's Democratization and China's Obligations Under Public International Law,” 40 BROOK. J. INT’L L. 465, 2015.
- “Shifting Ideologies Threaten Hong Kong’s Academic Freedom,”K. FREE PRESS, Oct. 25, 2015.
- A Mockery of China’s Pledge on Rule of Law, S. CHINA MORNING POST (Sept. 26, 2015)
- “The Metastasis of ‘National Security’ in China,” INT’L J. CONST. L. BLOG . August 6, 2015.
- “Does Hong Kong Need a Mayor?,” INT’L J. CONST. L. BLOG (Apr. 1, 2015),
- “A Spectre Resurfaces: Chinese National Security Legislation and Hong Kong,” INT’L J. CONST. L. BLOG, Feb. 12, 2015.
For a complete listing of Alvin’s articles and publications, please visit here.
"Fish Story: Analysts See Nations' Misue of Rational Use When it Comes to Fishing Rights," New York University, August 2015.